Joining a trade or membership organization can feel like spending money that could be used elsewhere, especially to small or new business owners. Therefore, we are never surprised when prospective members ask us what the return on investment for joining the National Drug and Alcohol Screening Association is.
The benefits of becoming a member of NDASA are many, and as our members become more active their ROI grows exponentially. Here are 10 ways NDASA members make their association work for them:
- Review member benefits package. There are numerous benefits that we don’t want our members to miss out on:
- Discounts on regular business expenses through FedEX, Staples, i3Promoz, etc
- Member prices for NDASA University gold standard training classes
- Attendance discounts for NDASA events including our annual conference and monthly webinars
- Preferred provider discounts for industry services
- Accreditation, certification and mentorship programs
- Drug and alcohol testing compliance support.
- Complete a Member Profile. By adding your profile to NDASA’s member database, other members who span all areas of the drug and alcohol testing industry can find you at any time to utilize your services. This includes your industry role (C/TPA, Collection Site, Trainer, etc.) services that you offer and certifications you have earned with NDASA.
- Join a committee. Committee participation is one of the very best ways to stay plugged in, share ideas, ask questions, and get your voice heard with the association as you form relationships with other members and increase your visibility in the community. (We understand that our members are extremely busy, and attending every single meeting is not required.)
- Attend NDASA Town Hall meetings. Our Town Hall has become a community of its own where you can drop in and get your questions answered, listen to others discuss common issues and questions (or sometimes not-so-common scenarios) and learn best practices for how to handle day-to-day drug and alcohol testing situations. Whether you are just getting into the industry or are a veteran, you can learn much from your peers that will save you time and money. Town Hall takes place every Wednesday, at 2 p.m. EST.
- Take advantage of FREE promotional opportunities.
- Participate in our FREE Monday Member Profile program by advertising your business or services across NDASA’s social media platforms.
- Write and submit a blog article as a guest contributor. This is a great way to share your expertise and NDASA will post it on its website and promote it on social media.
- Get your name out there by participating in an NDASA Podcast! Then, share it with your customers.
- Become an NDASA-certified Preferred Trainer. We often refer our trainers to organizations that need to have a large group trained or to help individuals complete their mock demonstrations. Get your name out there by getting on this list.
- Get involved with the State Partner referralss program. As a state affiliate, you would gain the most updated knowledge about regulatory and legislative matters that pertain directly to your business.
- Use the NDASA Mobile App. Our mobile app, available through the App store and Google Apps, is used all year round and helps you find and connect with people, groups, and events.
- Join the NDASA University Partnership Program. NDASA members have the opportunity to grow their businesses with an additional revenue stream by purchasing NDASA University’s gold-standard online training courses at a steep discount and reselling them to customers at market value. Our expert trainers do the work and our members earn the commission.
- Attend the NDASA’s Annual Conference and Trade Show. There is simply no better way to enjoy the full benefits of your membership than attending this event and connecting with your colleagues in person. Our conference experience and vibe are unique in energy and inspiration and invaluable for honing your expertise.
For questions about NDASA membership, contact Executive Director Jo McGuire.