Train-the-Trainer: Qualified Trainer of Drug Test Collectors Certification (Self-Guided)
Become a Qualified Trainer of Drug Test Collectors. This course meets the regulatory standards of the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) Rule 49 CFR Part 40 and provides a solid foundation for training collectors for a wide range of testing programs. Qualified Trainers demonstrate proficiency in training others to perform urine specimen collections for federally regulated and unregulated drug and alcohol screening protocols.
DO NOT PURCHASE THIS COURSE UNTIL YOU HAVE MET THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (LISTED BELOW) AND CAN PROVIDE PROOF OF COLLECTOR CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE TO THE NATIONAL DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREENING ASSOCIATION (NDASA).
To take this course and receive trainer certification upon completion, a participant must:
- Be certified as a collector (by an industry association or a network of collection sites). OR, have been designated as a trainer for at least one year. NDASA requires course participants to provide a certificate or other documentary proof in advance of taking the course to become an NDASA Qualified Trainer. Please send all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have been performing collections for at least one year, including federally mandated collections.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a client or supervisor to email@example.com.
- You must have read and be familiar with the following: 49 CFR Part 40: Subparts C, D, E, I, and R, Office of Drug and Alcohol Policy Compliance interpretations and Q&A and DOT Urine Specimen Collection Guidelines.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant will receive a five-year certification that qualifies them to train collectors in-house, for their company or organization.
- Name your class. This is for record-keeping purposes only. Give your class a name that makes sense to you and helps you keep track of who is taking the class. Note: If you are purchasing the training for another student, you will have to manually transfer the course to that student once you have purchased it. View the Instructions Page for guidance.
- Are you taking this course? If so, check the Take up a seat box. If you are purchasing the training for someone else, do not check the box.